Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Meet Frella

   Meet Frella, our newest family member. My mom found her just outside our downstairs sliding glass door yesterday. At first we were having fun with a toad in the yard, but I soon realized that her left back foot was completely lame...(is that the word?), it sort of drags behind her, depending on what position she's in. And not too soon after that, I saw that she was also missing her front right foot, the leg is there, just not her foot, so she props herself up on her leg.
   We soon figured out that we couldn't just let her go on like this,out on her own. So  I ran down to our red shed and got out our old aquarium, and  mom looked up what was required for a wild toad; which is basically 2-3 inches of damp dirt, a rock,  and  a wood thing she could go under.
    We've had her for two days now. I haven't seen her eat anything so I'm a little worried she won't be making it long, a website said to feed them at night and night only, otherwise you'd end up with a very hungry toad.  We've put in some apple, strawberries, lima beans and I even caught some live ants.
I'm hoping she'll eat them tonight, they're still in there crawling around.
 We shall see (:

No comments: